This is another little low histamine summer treat – Mango Turmeric Popsicle’s. Delicious and refreshing 🙂 And it is super easy and fast to make. All you need to do, is blend all of the ingredients till smooth in a blender, pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Easy Peasy 🙂
In fact the most complicated thing about this recipe for me, was to get a good picture of the popsicle’s before they melted away or fell over 😉
For these popsicle’s I used mango, cape gooseberries, fresh turmeric (yay! anti inflammatory), fresh ginger (also anti inflammatory – hooray), purple basil leaves, and rice/coconut milk. If you a re grain free, you can use pure coconut milk, this will however also make the popsicle’s creamier. Also the rice milk adds some sweetness, so you might need to add a bit of honey or other liquid sweetener, depending on how sweet you mango is. Give it a taste before you pour the liquid in to the popsicle molds.
I added the cape gooseberries to give it a bit of zing…. however if you are nightshade free you should leave these out or replace them with a little squeeze of lemon if you tolerate it. Anyways get your blender out and make some summery cold refreshments 🙂 Enjoy o/Print
- 100 g mango
- 15 g cape gooseberries*
- 5–6 leaves of purple basil leaves (can be replaced by normal green basil, or holy basil)
- 2 g thin slices of fresh ginger
- 2 g thin slices of fresh turmeric
- 200 ml rice/coconut milk (ca. 3/4 cups + 1,5 tbsp)**
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze for about 3-4 hours or until they are completely frozen. This recipe makes 5 popsicle’s, depending on the size of the popsicle molds you use.
- If nightshade free – leave out or replace with a little squeeze of lemon
- If grain free – replace with pure coconut milk (will be creamier), or mix of coconut milk and coconut water. Or another (plant based) milk of your choice. NOTE that rice milk is naturally sweet, so if you replace it you might need to add a little honey or other liquid sweetener.
If you love this Mango Turmeric Popsicle’s – You might also like:
In all disclosure the links to amazon above are affiliate links, which means that if you click on to the product in question and buy it, I get a small commission. This will hopefully help me to cover some of the costs to running this blog. However, this does not cost you anything additional when you order through one of these links.