Yeast free quick sandwich buns with cauliflower
- 225 g whole grain spelt flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g frozen cauliflower*
- 1 1/2 dl (goat) yogurt (2/3 cups)**
- 1/2 dl (goat) milk (3 tbsp + 1 tsp /or a bit less than 1/4 cup)**
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp nigella sativa seeds
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C (390 °F).
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients and the cauliflower in a blender, until you get a lump free smooth liquid.
- Add the liquid to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and gentle fold the liquid in to the flour. Until you get a smooth dough, resembling a muffin type of dough, thus relatively thin.
- Placed the dough on a sheet of baking paper with a spoon. This recipe makes 4-6 buns, depending on the size you want (I made 5 buns). You can also bake them in muffin forms, if you prefer.
- Sprinkle with a mix of sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins. Keep an eye on them, you want them to start turning golden brown.
- Enjoy as sandwich bread, burger buns, or simple with some butter and a cup of tea.
- You can use fresh, frozen or lighty steamed cauliflower – I prefer frozen
- If you are of dairy completely, you can use plant based yogurt and milk of your choice