A three ingredient, guar gum free, thick homemade coconut yogurt with Histamine Friendly Probiotics.
- 250 ml/ 1 cup coconut milk (additive free, I used this one)*
- 30 g/ 0.75 cup coconut flakes
- 2 capsules of Histamine Friendly Probiotics
- Blend the coconut milk together with the coconut flakes, until the liquid is completely smooth.
- Then transfer to a jar with a lid, open the probiotics capsules and stir in the histamine friendly probiotics.
- Place the jar, without the lid on, in the oven overnight with just the oven light on, no additional heat.
- In the morning give it a stir, and place the jar in the refrigerator with the lid on. Once it has cooled down to the temperature of the refrigerator, it will get thicker and ready to be enjoyed with some tolerated fruit/berries or some lovely homemade muesli/granola.
If the coconut milk I used isn’t available where you live, please take a look in the post above for some other additive free coconut milk options. If you have any other tips for additive free brands please share the information in the comments below 🙂
Please note the coconut flakes are added in this recipe to make the yogurt thick.