Bean free Low Histamine Cauliflower Carrot Hummus! With a perfect texture for dipping veggie sticks.
- ca. 400 g cauliflower (14.1 oz)
- ca. 90 g carrot (3.2 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (extra virgin) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp turmeric*
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 390 °F.
- Clean and prep the vegetables (cauliflower, carrots and a clove of garlic), place them in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with (extra virgin) olive oil, turmeric and salt. You can add other tolerated spices too, if you like.
- Place in a preheated oven (200 °C/ 390 °F) and “bake” for about 40-50 minutes. You want the cauliflower to start to brown a bit.
- Remove from the oven, and let the veggies cool off a bit.
- Once they are closer to room temperature, transfer them to a container suitable for a hand held blender, make sure to transfer all of the turmeric flavored oil as well. Blend till it is smooth. Add more (extra virgin) olive oil or water if you need it to be a bit thinner.
- Cut up a bunch of veggie sticks and enjoy a filling and healthy snack 🙂 Or go ahead and eat this as lunch, like I do.
- Feel free to add other tolerated spices and herbs.