Delicious Histamine friendly dip o/
- 1 zucchini (yellow or green)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1–2 cloves of garlic (more if you are a serious garlic lover)
- 1 tsp of (extra virgin) olive oil
- (sea) salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C (360 °F)
- Clean the zucchini (green or yellow, the choice is yours), and chop it into about one cm thick slices. Peel the garlic and onion and cut the onion into quarters (or eights if you have a big onion).
- Place the zucchini, onion and garlic in an oven tray a toss with one tsp of (extra virgin) olive oil and a bit of (sea) salt. Place the oven tray in the middle of the oven.
- Wash the outside of the yellow bell pepper and place it in a preheated oven on a roaster above the oven tray with zucchini and onion mix. So that if it leeks, the juices will drip into the tray with the zucchini and onion mix.
- Roast the veggies in the oven for about 30 minutes at 180 °C (360 °F).
- Let the roasted veggies cool till the yellow bell pepper is cool enough to handle. I always place it in a bowl with a lid, to cool down. This helps the skin loosen even more, making it easier to peel off.
- Once the yellow bell pepper is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, and discard the stem and the seeds.
- Puree all of the roasted vegetables together, salt to taste. And you are ready to enjoy 🙂 Note: If you want the dip to be completely cold, place it in the refrigerator until it has reached the desired temperature.