- 800–900 g Pumpkin cut into cubes
- 200–300 g Sweet potato cut into cubes
- 4–6 sage leaves
- 1½–2 liters bouillon (homemade bone broth)
- salt to taste
- Heat up the oil in a big pot, add the sage and let it fry for a bit. Then add in the sweet potatoes, and let them brown a bit.
- Add the pumpkin, and cover with bouillon. Bring the soup to the boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft.
- Take it off the heat and blend the soup till it has a smooth consistency with no lumps. Salt to taste.
- Serve it while it is hot. I like to eat it like it is, no additional toppings but with a side of some fresh baked rye bread with salted butter. Simple and delicious.