Deliciously crunchy gluten free Vegan Salted Caramel Granola. Extremely difficult to keep your hands off 😉
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F).
- Mix the 2 cups of oats with the nigella seeds and the pumpkin seeds in a bowl, set aside.
- Add the coconut oil, macadamia nut butter, liquid sweetener, salt and vanilla extract to a small pan and cook it gently over low heat while stirring.
- Once it starts to bubble and is well mixed, take it off the heat and pour it over the dry ingredients. Stir well, so that the dry ingredients are covered with the sticky vegan caramel 😀
- Spread out the sticky mass on a baking tray lined with grease proof baking paper and bake it in a pre heated oven (180 °C/ 360 °F) for about 15 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and give it a little stir on the baking tray before you put it back into the oven for another 15 minutes. You want the granola to brown and go crispy but not burn, so keep an eye on it 😀
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down, it will crisp up while it cools.
- If you want you can scramble it up a bit while it is still hot, in order to break up the larger pieces.
- When it is completely cooled down you can transfer it to an (airtight) container, and it will keep for about a week, but honestly it almost never lasts that long in my house.
- I prefer to eat this granola on top of a smoothie bowl or with a simple fruit salad like a mix of apple, melon, and maybe some berries. But it is also delicious with some (tolerated) yogurt, milk of choice, or even just snacking it plain.
- You can use any liquid sweetener you want. My preference taste wise goes to agave syrup or honey (non-vegan version). Using date syrup generate a bit of a fruity taste, that doesn’t go so well with the salty caramel vibe 😀
- In terms of dry ingredients, I kept this granola pretty simple, you can of course add more seeds or nuts if you feel like it, just remember to keep the ratio between the dry and the wet ingredients about the same.