This lovely Anti-Inflammatory Coconut Soup, filled with veggie goodness, is easy and quick to make, and you can play around with the filling to suit your needs and tolerance level.
- 100 g frozen champignons (3.5 oz)*
- 100 g flat beans (3.5 oz)
- 1/4–1/2 bok choy
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried lemon grass
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 ml coconut milk (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp)*
- 300 ml vegetable bouillon (1 1/4 cup)*
- salt to taste
- Start with prepping all of the veggies. Slice up the bok choy and the flat beans into thin slices. Chop up the frozen mushrooms, into bite size pieces.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a big pot, add minced/pressed garlic, dried lemon grass, turmeric and ginger. Let the spices fry a bit to get the aromas going.
- Add in the frozen mushrooms, and cook them till they have gone all soft and is cooked through.
- Add in the bouillon (use any tolerated bouillon, or bone broth), coconut milk (make sure to find a brand of coconut milk that doesn’t contain a whole bunch of nasty added ingredients like guar gom), and the flat beans. Bring it to a boil, cover the pan with a lid, and let it simmer for about 6 minutes on low heat.
- Then add the bok choy, give it a good stir. Put the lid back on, and let it cook for another 4 minutes.
- Salt to taste, serve it up and enjoy. If you want the soup to be more filling you can add in some noodles.
- I used frozen mushrooms (champignon) in this recipe. While mushrooms of any kind is considered medium to high histamine. I got a tip a while back that frozen mushrooms should be better tolerated. And for me at least this is true. I honestly can’t remember what the reason for this should be, so please bare with me. If you don’t feel like you are in the right place to test out, just replace the mushrooms with some diced chicken breast, or some white meat fish. Instructions for how to deal with these replacements is given in the blog post text above.
- Make sure to find a brand of coconut milk that doesn’t contain a whole bunch of nasty added ingredients like guar gom.
- Use any tolerated bouillon, bone broth, or just add water and salt to taste.