Antihistamine and anti-inflammatory pomegranate juice with Chioggia beets also known as candy cane beets (they are just so pretty). Pomegranates works both as an antihistamine (it is a mast cell stabilizer) and an anti-inflammatory agent.
- seeds from 1 pomegranate*
- 1/2 a cucumber (peeled)
- 2 Chioggia beets (also known as candy cane beets)
- a small piece of ginger (optional)
- Prep the fruit and vegetable according to the specs of your juicer and get juicing. I prefer to remove all the seeds from the pomegranate before adding the seeds to the juicer in order to get as little as possible of the thick white skin in the juicer. For this juice I also peeled the cucumber, to get the optimal pink color of the juice. Peeling the cucumber is of course totally optimal.
- You can of course also up the antihistamine and anti-inflammatory value of this juice by adding a bit of ginger.
*Note that there is both a sweet kind and a more sour kind of pomegranate, I really recommend using the more sour kind of pomegranate for this juice.