Low Histamine Fluffy Vegan Green Monster Kale Pancakes without banana. Perfect for any pancake moment and an easy way to get kale in your kids 😉
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour (ca. 250 g)*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 cup almond milk*
- 1/3 cup (extra virgin) olive oil (plus a bit extra for cooking)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup fresh kale, tightly packed (ca. 50 g)
- 3.5 oz apple sauce (100 g)
- First mix together the dry ingredients (spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) in a bowl and set aside.
- Then add all of the wet ingredients including the kale (agave syrup, almond milk, olive oil, kale, apple sauce and apple cider vinegar) to a high speed blender and blend till you get a smooth green smoothie looking liquid.
- Then pour the green liquid into the dry ingredients and mix it well.
- Add a little olive oil to a hot pan on medium heat, pour/place about two tablespoons of dough on the pan per pancake. Depending on the size of your pan you should be able to cook 2-4 pancakes at a time.
- Cook the pancakes for a few minutes until the bottom starts to slightly brown and the top of the pancake starts to set. Turn the pancake, and cook for a few minutes.
- If the pancakes brown too fast, lower the heat.
- This portion should yield about 15 pancakes. Enjoy o/
- I used 1/2 cup whole grain spelt flour and 1 cup fine spelt flour
- If you don’t tolerate almond milk, you can use any tolerated (plant) milk.
- The nutrition data is calculated based on 5 out of 15 pancakes.