Crunchy gluten free granola with beautiful green pistachios. You can eat this granola with fruit, as topping on a smoothie bowl, with milk of your choice or with a tolerated yogurt.
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts (40-50 g)
- 1/2 cup (gluten free) rolled oats (50 g)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (35 g)
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa (10 g)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice*
- 1 tbsp honey*
- Roughly chop up the pistachios and mix them with the rest of the dry ingredients. Set a side.
- Mix the wet ingredients together, and pour it over the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer to an oven plate lined with grease proof baking paper. Spread the granola mix out as evenly as you can over the oven plate and bake the granola in the middle of a preheated oven (180 °C / 355 °F) for 5-10 min.
- The time really depends on the oven, so keep a good eye on it. You want it slightly golden but not brown.
- I use macadamia or almond nut butter, but pistachio nut butter would of course also be perfect.
- If you prefer the granola to be vegan, replace the honey with your preferred vegan liquid sweetener of choice.