This High Protein Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is deliciously creamy. And filled with gut healing goodies 🙂
Update: Please note that collagen can be an issue for some people with histamine intolerance, and is not suitable during the elimination phase.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (ca. 160 g)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower (120 g)*
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (120 ml)*
- 1/4 cup protein powder (ca 25 g)*
- 1–2 medjool dates (depending on how sweet you want it)*
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 g/ 0.04 oz fresh ginger (grated or in thin slices)
- Add all of the ingredients to a (high-powered) blender and blend til you get a thick smooth and creamy smoothie.
- Transfer to a pretty bowl and decorate as you wish 🙂 Enjoy 😉
- I use store bought frozen cauliflower. If this is not a available to you, you can lightly steam fresh cauliflower florets and then freeze them down
- I use goat yogurt – simply because I tolerate it better than cows yogurt. You can also replace this by a tolerated vegan yogurt. If you don’t tolerate any store bought yogurts you can try and make your own using histamine friendly probiotic strains. Or simply leave it out, this will however effect the taste of the smoothie.
- I used the collagen protein powder from Vital
- Note if you prefer to drink this as a smoothie – just add 1 cup (plant based) milk of choice.
- If you can’t do dried fruits of any kind, then replace the dates with a little honey/ or liquid sweetener of choice.