Yummy Low Histamine Asparagus Soup – Spring time in a bowl <3
- 500–600 g asparagus, cleaned, and pealed (ca. 20 oz)
- 1–2 white onions (180 g / 6.5 oz)
- 1 leek (140 g / 5 0z)
- 2 celery stalks (130 g / 4.5 oz)
- 1/4 – 1/2 zucchini (ca 100–150 g / 3.5–5 oz)
- 1 L vegetable bouillon (ca. 4 cups)
- salt to taste
- Start out by slicing up the leek, and chopping up the onion and celery roughly.
- Add a little oil to a big pot and fry up the onion, celery and leek. Once it gets going and the onion starts to turn translucent, turn down the heat and put the lid on. Let it cook for a bout 10 minutes while you clean and prep the asparagus.
- Remove the bottom woody part of the asparagus. To do this simply break of the end, it automatically breaks just where the woody part ends and the fresh, juicy asparagus begins. Peal the asparagus, and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cut the zucchini into similar size pieces and add the asparagus, zucchini and (tolerated) vegetable bouillon to the pot.
- Let it cook for about 20 minutes, then blend it with a hand held blender until it is really smooth.
- Salt to taste and enjoy this spring in a bowl kind of soup <3