- 100 ml lychee juice
- 2 tbsp gelatin (I use Great Lakes)
- 50 ml (fresh) green grape juice*
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butterfly pea flower tea (2 grams)
- First make the blue butterfly pea flower tea, by adding 1 tbsp (2 grams) of the butterfly pea flower tea to 2 tbsp of boiling water. Let it stand and stir once in a while to help the color really get out.
- Add the lychee juice to a small pot, sprinkle over the gelatin and let it “bloom”. Which is a fancy way to say: “let the gelatin hydrate”. See the pictures above, to get an idea about this.
- When the gelatin has bloomed, turn on the heat and slowly melt the gelatin lychee juice mix. Don’t let it boil. Stir it slowly, don’t over whisk it, as it foams rather easy. Once all of the gelatin has dissolved, take it off the heat.
- Add the fresh grape juice and honey, stir it gently, until it is all mixed well.
- Finally add the blue tea, pour it through a filter so you don’t get the butterfly pea flowers into your gummies, and squeeze every little drop of color out of it. Stir it gently, until it is all mixed well.
- Pour the gummy mix into the molds.
- lace the gummies in the refrigerator for minimum an hour, before you remove them from the molds. They are now ready to be eaten. Enjoy ?
Note: They stay good in the refrigerator for a couple of days, but remember to listen to your own threshold in terms of how fresh your food need to be. The longer they are kept, the harder the little gummies get.
* I used fresh grape juice and honey to sweeten these natural blue homemade gummies. You need about 10-15 grapes to makes 50 ml of grape juice. If you can’t be bothered to juice the grapes, or if you don’t have a juicer you can of course use store bought grape juice. Just make sure you get the white grape juice and not red grape juice….. since that will of course impact the color of the gummies.