Pink Green Muffins – so deliciously cute and yummy. Natural Green Low Histamine Muffins
- 2 cups tightly packed spelt flour (ca. 300 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp (plantbased) milk of choice
- 2/3 cup of honey (160 ml)*
- 1/2 cup olive oil (120 ml)
- 4 quail eggs or one 1 chicken egg
- 5,3 oz baby Swiss Chard (150 g)**
- 5,3 oz zucchini (150 g)
Optional add ins:
- (white) chocolate chips
- chopped up tolerated nuts – I like macadamia nuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F)
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla) in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add all of the wet ingredients (milk, honey, oil and egg) to a blender together with the leafy greens and zucchini. Blend the wet ingredients and the vegetables together till they form a smooth vibrant green liquid.
- Now simply pour the green liquid in to the bowl with the dry ingredient. And stir gently to combine everything well.
- Fold in your add ins of choice.
- Distribute your batter evenly in your muffins shapes. I use an ice cream scoop to do this.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C (360°F), or ca 45 minutes if you are baking a cake instead of muffins.
- Use a toothpick to check if they are ready. When the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
- Let them cool down, before you dig in. Enjoy
- If you prefer to not use honey, you can replace it with any liquid sweetener. Be aware of the color though. I once made it with date syrup, which is very dark and thus turned the cake into a more army green/brown color.
- You can also use (baby) kale, cavolo nero/lacinato kale, a mix of different leafy greens and herbs like basil and lemon balm.