- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g (frozen) blue berries
- 1 tbsp blackberry jam (optional)
- 1 tbsp water
- 20 g macadamia nuts (ca 10 nuts)
- Add almond milk or other (plant based) milk of your choice, chia seeds, date syrup, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt to a container with a tight lid.
- Close the lid tightly and shake it all up until all the syrup has been dissolved.
- Then place it in the refrigerator until you are done making your toppings. (Note that if you want to serve the chia seed pudding as a dessert rather than just eating it for breakfast on your own, it is a good idea to transfer the chia seed pudding to the containers you want to serve it in, right after mixing it and before you let it rest in the refrigerator. This will give it a more smooth surface.
- Now for the toppings. Add the (frozen) blueberries, blackberry jam (optional) and water to a small pot. Cook the blueberries, until they have turned into “blueberry sauce”, stir occasionally. Meanwhile chop up the macadamia nuts and dry roast them on a pan until they start to brown. Turn of the heat and keep stirring while they roast on, on the hot pan. Transfer to a bowl when you are happy with the color.
- Serve it up and enjoy 🙂 (the nutrition data is based on one person eating it all)