The Best Ever Pan Roasted Bread Croutons, made with goat ghee. They are absolutely divine and gone before you know it 😉 Perfect in soups, as the crunch in salads or as a snack if that’s the mood you are in.
- 1 heaped tbsp of Goat Ghee*
- about two slices of day old bread cut into little cubes*
- salt to taste
- Dig out a heaped tbsp worth of ghee, and let it melt in a pan over medium heat, add day old bread cut into little cubes, don’t crowd the bread cubes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt, I used about 1/8 tsp of pink Himalayan salt.
- Now roast the bread cubes, over low to medium heat, and keep stirring while you keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- You can of course also use regular ghee if you prefer. Note at some point in the process the goat ghee starts to smell a little goaty….. but trust me they taste divine and not goaty at all.
- Use your favorite bread or my Easy No Yeast Low Histamine Bread. Day old bread is perfect for making croutons.