Spiralized zucchini zoodles with low histamine basil and kale pesto and turmeric spiced chicken. A perfect summer meal.
- 1 zucchini
- ca. 100 g asparagus
- 100–120 g chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4–1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of (extra virgin) olive oil
Low Histamine Pesto:
- 40 g baby kale
- 20 g fresh green basil
- 2 spring onions (or garlic if you wish)
- 2–3 ‘twigs’ of lemon thyme (or regular thyme)
- 20 g macadamia nuts (raw and unsalted)
- 5 tbsp (extra virgin) olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- the core of the zucchini left over from the spiralizing (optional)
- Start by making the zoodles. Clean your zucchini and cut off the ends and attach it to your spiralizer, and start making the zoodles. With most spiralizers you end up with a “core stick”, instead of trowing it out, you can add it to the pesto.
- Saute the zoodles really quick. Just 1 minute with a little olive oil. set aside.
- Next prep the asparagus, and saute them in the same pan as the zoodles, once the zoodles are done. I prefer the asparagus to still have bite, I give them about two minutes at medium heat. You will see that the green color gets even brighter green. Set aside.
- Add a little oil to the pan together with the turmeric and add in the chicken. Fry the chicken till you are sure it is well done. Make sure you give it a good stir, so that all of the chicken gets coated in the lovely yellow goodness of the turmeric.
- While the chicken is frying it is time to make the low histamine baby kale pesto. Add the baby kale, a handful of fresh basil, some lemon thyme, 2 spring onions, a handful of macadamia nuts, a pinch of salt and some olive oil to a container that fits a hand held blender (or use a food processor). Also add in the part of the zucchini which was left over from the spiralizing (no food waste :)).
- Blend the pesto till you get the consistency you prefer. You can add a bit more oil, if you want it more fluid.
- Distribute the zoodles and asparagus evenly over two plates, and top with the turmeric fried chicken and the Low Histamine Baby Kale Pesto. Dig in and enjoy.