Histamine Friendly pizza topped with low histamine pesto, fresh figs, caramelized red onions fresh arugula and a scallion cream cheese/yogurt drizzle.
- a 1 persons pizza bottom – like my Grain Free Cassava Pizza Crust
- 60–70 g of Low Histamine Pesto
- 1 fresh fig, in thin slices
- 1–2 red onions
- 1 tsp (extra virgin) olive oil
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- a sprinkle of salt
- 1 big handful of arugula
Cream cheese/yogurt sauce:
- 2 tbsp (goat) yogurt
- 1 tbsp (goat) cream cheese
- 1/2 a scallion, finely sliced
- salt to taste
- For the base of this pizza I used my Grain Free Low Histamine Cassava Pizza Crust. But you can of course use your favorite pizza crust.
- Cut the red onions in thin slices. Heat up a frying pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and add the red onions. Cook them while stirring till they get go soft and start to caramelize. Don’t let them burn.
- Make the low histamine pesto – following the instructions in my recipe for low histamine pesto.
- Top your pizza base with a generous layer of pesto, add the caramelized red onions, and thin slices of figs. Sprinkle with a few pumpkin seeds if you like and give the figs a drizzle with a little honey.
- Pop the pizza in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, at 180 °C (360 °F). Be careful to not bake it too long.
- And now for the cream cheese/yogurt sauce to drizzle over your pizza! Simply mix the cream cheese and yogurt with some salt and finely sliced scallion.
- Take the pizza out of the oven drizzle with the scallion cream cheese/yogurt sauce and top with a big handful of arugula. Enjoy o/