Today started out really grey and gloomy – a perfect kind of day to drink a cup golden milk. While there is a ton of recipes out there for golden milk, I still wanted to share my recipe for how I make my Low Histamine Golden Milk, with you guys.
It is really quite simple. Peel and grate some fresh turmeric and fresh ginger. Add it to a pan together with a cinnamon stick, rice & coconut milk and a little coconut oil. Heat it over low heat, for 5-10 minutes and make sure it doesn’t boil. When it has a deep yellow color, strain it into your favorite cup and enjoy.
I like to use rice & coconut milk (from Royal Green), because it has a natural sweetness. You can of course use any kind of milk you prefer, and you can always add a little honey or syrup if you want.
Black pepper is often added to golden milk, as it increases the uptake of turmeric. However black pepper can be an issue for some people with histamine intolerance. So instead of black pepper I mostly add some coconut oil, since fat also helps increase the uptake of turmeric. I’m curious how you normally make your golden milk?
Golden milk with fresh turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and coconut oil – Perfect for any kind of day 😀
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 a cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 500 ml rice & coconut milk (ca. 2 cups)
- Peel and grate the fresh turmeric and fresh ginger.
- Add it to a pan together with a cinnamon stick, rice & coconut milk and a little coconut oil.
- Heat it over low heat, for 5-10 minutes and make sure it doesn’t boil.
- When it has a deep yellow color, strain it into your favorite cup and enjoy.
Save this recipe for Low Histamine Golden Milk for later – Pin It 😉