I’m heading off on vacation tonight with my family, which is long over due, given how crazy busy I have been at work lately. I’m still contemplating whether or not to bring my laptop, and just in case I decide to leave it home I wanted to share my latest recipe with all of you guys 😉 So here it comes: Low Histamine Stone Fruit Caprese Salad \o/
Since I should be running around like a crazy lady packing, I will keep it short and simple today. All you need is your favorite stone fruits (I used nectarine and wild peaches) and some buffalo mozzarella. I like to add some leafy greens, or fresh herbs like basil or nasturtium, edible flowers and a little Histamine Friendly pesto on top, like this Anti-Inflammatory Nasturtium Pesto.
Cut the stone fruit into bite size pieces, tear up the mozzarella and plate it with the stone fruits. Sprinkle with edible flowers and the fresh greens. I used marigold (Calendula officinalis) petals and nasturtium leaves. Serve it with some Histamine Friendly pesto like the Anti-Inflammatory Nasturtium Pesto. Enjoy and happy summer to you all 😀Print
Simple and easy tomato free Caprese Salad. This Low Histamine Stone Fruit Caprese Salad with Anti-Inflammatory Nasturtium Pesto, is just right for these warm sunny days.
- 3 stone fruits of your choice (I used 2 nectarines and 1 wild peach)
- ca. 125 g (organic) buffalo mozzarella (ca. 4.4 oz)
- one handful leafy greens or fresh herbs (I used Nasturtium leaves)
Serve with Histamine Friendly Pesto (Anti-Inflammatory Nasturtium Pesto) and edible flowers (I used marigold petals)
- Remove the stones from the stone fruit, and cut them into bite size pieces
- Tear up the buffalo mozzarella.
- Plate the stone fruits and mozzarella, together with the greens, sprinkle with the edible flowers and serve with a little pesto 🙂
The nutritional value is calculated based on using basil instead of nasturtium, and off the shelf pesto.