This posts recipe is a quick and simple Pea Dip, which goes great with just about anything from veggie sticks, chips, on top of your pasta or as a bread topping 🙂 A simple summer refreshment which is done in less than five minutes.
Pulses in general is one of the few things I still haven’t been able to bring back successfully. I’m okay with lentil in small amounts, but other than that the only pulses I eat on a regular basis are green peas and green beans.
If you have been reading along here for a while now, you might have noticed that I have a little dip obsession. Veggies sticks with a good dip, is for sure my all time favorite snack. I like to experiment with new dips and different type of vegetables to dip in the dip all the time. I recently discovered that pointed white cabbage can also be used for dipping 🙂 We have them growing in our garden, and they are just beyond delicious, so much more fresh and juicy than the store bought pointed white cabbages we usually buy.
This recipe is inspired by a recipe from @loranco, which was featured in their magazine recently (only available in Danish though). I made a few changes to fit my dietary needs, and when I posted it in my instagram stories I was surprised with the amount of people wanting the recipe. So here it is, my version of Louisa Lorang’s Pea Dip.Print
A quick and simple Pea Dip, which goes great with just about anything from veggie sticks, chips, on top of your pasta or as a bread topping. As an added bonus it is done in less than 5 minutes.
- ca. 4 dl (defrosted) green peas (1.67 cups)
- 1 1/2 dl goat quark (0.67 cups)*
- 1 small handful arugula (ca. 10 g / 0.35 oz)
- 1 small spring onion (ca. 5 g / 0.18 oz)
- a pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients together, until you have an almost smooth dip / I like it to have a bit of texture.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- if you can’t find goats quark, you can replace it with normal quark, cottage cheese, or any kind of thick yogurt.
- For those of you who are dairy free, or just yogurt free – I’m working on a dairy free version of this recipe….. will link to it here once I manage to find the right combination of ingredients 🙂
If you like this quick and simple Pea Dip recipe you might also like some of my other dip recipes 🙂 Take a look in my dip archive.